A Personal Injury Lawyer Working Tirelessly for You
You should not have to suffer physical or psychological distress due to someone else’s negligence. And if you do end up in this situation, at the very least, the responsible party should ease your financial burdens. This is what Attorney Cameron Byrd firmly believes. As a compassionate personal injury lawyer, he operates his law firm in accordance with this conviction.
An injury can occur in numerous places, including the following:
- A vehicle
- A private home
- A public space
- At your place of employment
Regardless of where you sustained your injury, Attorney Byrd will make convincing arguments that significantly improve your chances of receiving compensation.
Explaining Personal Injury Law
The basis of personal injury law operates on the principle that one party is legally responsible for the victim’s injuries. It is the job of a personal injury lawyer to prove culpability on the part of the defendant. If the attorney achieves this objective, the injured party will receive financial compensation to:
- Cover any medical bills they might have incurred for treatment of their injury.
- Make up for any pay they might have lost due to their inability to work.
- Ease any psychological trauma they might have suffered because of their injuries.
What Is Negligence?
In some cases, the responsible party caused the injury to occur due to negligence on their part. This is one argument a personal injury lawyer might make. Legally speaking, there are four different categories of negligence:
- Vicarious negligence: The negligent party is indirectly responsible.
- Comparative negligence: The injured party has some responsibility for getting injured.
- Contributory negligence: The injured party is not entirely responsible for creating the circumstances, but they contributed to an extent.
- Gross negligence: The negligent party engages in reckless behavior legally deemed unreasonable.
Get Compensated for Your Ordeal
Attorney Byrd believes that every client should be compensated for the suffering they have endured. The Law Office of Cameron Byrd will not charge you attorney fees unless we win your case. Get a free consultation by calling us at (214) 934-0055 or filling out our online contact request form.